Finally uploaded some pics from our camera to the computer and thought I would share.
SUMMERTIME!
The summer has been filled with little outings around town. It has been great to get the boys out to socialize - but of course the attention we get from having identical twins can grow old. Most of the comments are good natured as I believe people are simply drawn to babies in general, and more than one baby is just plain adorable. However, the quick trip to the store can rapidly turn into a public Q and A session. A few of my favorites so far - the simply ridiculous.
Q: "Are they twins?"
.....yeah, two babies, same age, same time...yup. That makes them twins :)
(For anyone who is extra bored,
This American Life on NPR (or via podcast) had different stories about Dads for Fathers Day. One of the stories was about a Dad and his twin girls. He had an exceptional way of defining two babies at the same time. Listen and Enjoy.)
Statement: "I bet you are busy."
....yeah, two babies, same age, same time...yup. That makes me busy :) Lets not forget, caring for any human being that requires assistance in almost all avenues of life to survive makes anyone a busy person. We are just taking care of two of them. Props to all the others in the world that are also taking care of others. And - Moms and Dads with just one baby are busy too. Babies make us busy people, but it's easy when you LOVE doing it.
And the winner of the silly questions - shopping with a girlfriend with both boys in the twin stroller in matching car seats and coordinated outfits...
Q: "I've got to ask...are they both yours?"
Of course, they are brothers, twins, two babies, same age, same time. (I have thought about this question a lot - and I am still not really certain how you can have identical boys from two women.) But I really wanted to say, "No, I just bought this double stroller so my friend could have a place to set her baby when we are shopping together."
Okay, Okay. Sorry if you sensed any sarcasism. We love the comments. It is great to feel the love from so many people! How about some pics!
 |
| Patrick on a weekend when I am at work. Handling the show perfectly :) |
 |
| Patrick preparing the boys for chilly outing in early spring. Cute hats made by a great friend. |
 |
| Happy Babies |
 |
| Laughing at Dad |
 |
| Not unusual for them to grab each others faces. I think they will grow up to be very tolerant people due to the amount of pinching and squeezing they get on a daily basis |
 |
| Elliott practicing his sitting skills. Ethan kicking like a wild man next to him - see the blur? |
 |
| Elliott waking up from his nap |
 |
| Ethan |
 |
| Sweet Elliott |
 |
| Sweet Ethan |
 |
| Playing in the mirror |
 |
| Ethan waking up from a nap |
 |
| First Trip to the pool. Ethan is chillin'. Elliott is freaking out :) |
 |
| We lasted about 15 minutes before someone "had an accident" in the pool and everyone had to evacuate for 30 minutes. Needless to say - we went home. |
 |
The first of many - an arm wrestling match.
|
Hope to post again soon! They are growing up quickly. Maybe a little too quickly. It's difficult for me to stash all these cute memories in my mind. It's sad to believe that I can hardly remember what it was like to hold them when they were only three-pounders in the NICU - and now they are going on 20! They have come so far!
Love,
Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment